Thursday 2 June 2011

Jousting


I took the kids to Leeds Castle yesterday to watch the jousting. I love Leeds Castle, not least because the tickets are valid for a year and really aren't that expensive comapred to some other season tickets for more local attractions. There's always loads of stuff happening there too, most of which is included in the admission charge, so all in all a good, free day out.

It's always the same company doing the jousting tournaments, but they're pretty entertaining and the kids never seem to get bored of it. Tyran is just as taken with knights and castles as he ever was, more so now that he's become interested in history. The highlight of Hayley's day was having King Henry bow at her (she was wearing a tiara) and not mention divorce or beheading.





We had a lovely time, despite the enormous crowds, which I hadn't anticipated. We didn't stay as long as we usually do because there was only so much I could manage in terms of people touching me, and listening to other people's children crying. Actually, I think I did pretty well - I didn't snap at anyone all day! I've promised a return trip very soon when there isn't an event on.

I'll leave you with this photo of a dying Tyran. Apparently he'd lost his duel.

No comments:

Post a Comment