Sunday 1 November 2009

Halloween can only mean one thing - too much sugar!

I consented this year to let the kids go "trickle treating" (in Hayley's words and I don't have the heart to correct such a cute mistake). Jasmine was here to spend the night, so the excitement was even greater than it would have been otherwise.

The kids drew designs for their pumpkins that I carved out for them. Ok, pumpkin carving isn't exactly my forte, but given that all I had was Anthony's Swiss Army knife and drawings by a 6 year old and 4 year old, I didn't think they turned out too badly. I've promised myself that next year I'll get a proper pumpkin carving set though.


After dinner we all got dressed up and ready for trick or treating. Let's just say I'm surprised I got them to stand still long enough to actually have their photos taken!


When we got home I made some pumpkin fritters on request from Tyran. It's becoming a bit of a tradition to make them on Halloween and I still can't figure out how a child who does whole body shudders when he eats pumpkin in any other form, and who won't even consent to trying a bit of pumpkin or butternut, can eat at least half a dozen pumpkin fritters! But eat them he does. To be honest, it's a lovely way to end the day.


After all that I did my best to calm the kids down for the night. Honestly, I really did try! They were all asleep by 9 without fuss though, so not too bad really.

No comments:

Post a Comment