Monday 9 March 2009

Winnie the Pooh cake



Well, I managed to finish it in time - just! Yesterday morning I was trying to get Pooh to hold his balloon when I managed to topple him off the cake. For no rhyme or reason, other than fondant figures have some weird psychic connection, Tigger decided to follow suit. Not having an icing A&E anywhere near, sadly the animals had to be put down rather than having their broken arms, tails, legs and ears repaired. Cue frantic working to get a new Pooh and Tigger made in time for the party.

However, it all ended well because the cake looked lovely, the birthday girl was thrilled with it and it tasted delicious. Sadly, no orders, but lots of interest. Hopefully people will remember me when the time comes.

In the meantime, I'll turn my attention to sewing all of Hayley's summer dresses. I bought some lovely fabric that came to £30 in total and I'll get 6 dresses and a couple skirts out of that. Not bad going at all if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment