Monday 2 March 2009

A little self indulgence

Two things.
One: I got a new car!!!! I'm so thrilled. It's not brand new, but is new enough at a year old. It's smaller than the other one, but is so lovely to drive. I didn't realise just how awful the old one was until now. I mean, I never liked it, but I didn't think I loathed it so much as I do in retrospect! Best of all, this car is not falling apart. The only problem is that the kids' seats are too wide to fit well. Hayley is ok because she's using a 5 point harness, but it's a real struggle to get the seatbelt in for Tyran's seat. For now he's using the spare booster we have, but I'm not thrilled with that as a long term solution.

Two: I love the Winnie the Pooh cake toppers. I finished all 5 that I'd planned to do yesterday, so all that's left is baking, covering and decorating the actual cake. I'm really pleased on the whole with how the figures have turned out. I'm less pleased with Pooh himself and Lumpy, but I've decided to leave it be because actually they are good enough. One of the kids sneaked into the room and have a good fiddle with Tigger so his stripes are smudged - grrr. I don't think it's noticeable unless you look closely or know it's happened. Apologies to those of you who've seen the photos on Flickr already. Indulge me!

I adore Eeyore. He was more difficult to do that I expected, though I think that may have also been due to a fair bit of discomfort in my wrist. I'm so pleased with how he's turned out though. I'm tempted to ask if I can have him back after the party!!

On a less good note - much less in fact - I'm having a really hard time at work again. I'm leaving every day feeling completely bruised and battered. My wrist got hurt badly today and I've been in agony ever since. Not a happy bunny at all. I've submitted yet another accident report and got some more video evidence, but I suspect they're not worth much at all. I do feel for the child, but I'm fast losing the will to live there!

No comments:

Post a Comment