Wednesday 18 May 2011

The best surprise ever, Mummy!


That's what was said to me by Hayley during the interval at the circus. A friend recommended it and so off we went this afternoon, but without Tyran and Hayley knowing where we were going.

It was different to the circus of my childhood, but that's not a bad thing. My own children, having no basis for comparison, loved every minute of this one. The clown was great, Hayley's favourite. Tyran had his sights set far higher than that! The look of amazement and awe on his face during the trapeze act will stay with me for a very long time.


We had a discussion on the way home about the absence of animals. I try hard to maintain a neutral perspective in discussions of this sort of nature usually, but I felt I needed to share my viewpoint on this one. Anyway, as I said, they have no basis for comparison, so animals weren't missed, just wondered about.

No comments:

Post a Comment