Sunday 27 March 2011

Summer's officially here


And I really hate the whole BST concept. Ok, so there's only an hour time difference between the UK and South Africa now, which makes life much easier, evenings are lighter and mornings slightly darker, but I'm so tired!! The kids were awake when the clock said 6.50, which would be good if I'd remembered and put them to bed a little earlier last night. In essence, they were awake at 5.50, which is fine for Tyran, but boy have I paid the price for that with Hayley today!

The problem is I've had a tiring week. Actually, make that exhausting. Physically, mentally, emotionally. And I've been feeling decidedly fluey since Friday too. Anyway, no time to be tired or sick, kids need to let off steam. So, on the basis that I'm an all round better mummy when there is open space, greenery and fresh air, we went for a walk.


We're fortunate to live very nearby a National Trust property.
Although I've had some not great experiences with Standen in the past with their attitude to children (and believe me, mine are far from the worst behaved I've seen), if the weather's as lovely as it is at the moment, it's a great place to explore. There are plenty of secret gardens and pathways to keep Tyran's imagination in full swing, and plenty of flowers, butterflies and potential fairy homes for Hayley.


So the kids had a great time, the fresh air did wonders for my mood, and Hayley's whining was generally less annoying in all that space.

No comments:

Post a Comment