Monday 25 January 2010

Twister

When I went to collect Hayley today Sharon asked me if we have Twister at home and if I'd like it. Of course I would!! I used to love Twister.

The kids were most intrigued by the whole thing so I promised we'd have a go after supper. I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time! I learned a lot today too.

1) You have to be slim and fit and young to play Twister without doing yourself a pretty serious injury
2) Owning to point 1, I'm going to be in agony tomorrow. Let's just say that if I'm able to walk, I'll believe in miracles
3) Thick, well made trousers are a very good idea (I was wearing some!) if you do not fit the criteria mentioned in point 1
4) It is no longer possible, at the age of 36, to be tied up in knots on a piece of brightly coloured plastic sheeting and laugh at the same time without falling over and injuring a small child
5) Hayley is not only amazingly flexible, but she can stretch from one end of the board to the other without any effort at all. Given that she's not even as tall as that Twister mat, I have no idea how she managed this. Oh, and she knows her left from her right and I have no idea when she learned this.
6) Family games are just good fun and a lovely way to end the day.

So here they are:


No comments:

Post a Comment