Sunday 13 September 2009

P-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-pink! Oh and birthday and party.


Hayley had a lovely birthday party. Very pink, very girly and very not me, but she loved it. She did do a bit of a spoiled princess routine for a while, but got over it eventually. I think the person who coped the least was Anthony. He's still in a foul mood!!

Her dress was lovely in the end (dare I say way way better than the Disney princess dresses that made their inevitable appearance) and she loved her sparkly shoes. Hayley was so thrilled that her best friend, who no longer goes to Sharon's house and who Hayley misses desperately, was there. They were stuck to each other like glue the whole afternoon.

The cake was a hit. I (ok Anthony and I!) made 3 dozen cupcakes and there are exactly 3 left. I don't think it was only the kids either who were so cake fixated. We went through far less party food than usual as a result, which was good. The princesses were for the party bags rather than me feeling pressued to put cheap gifts in them. I only had one complaint about it...


So all in all a good time was had by most! Thank you everyone who sent her presents and for all the phone calls. She felt very special yesterday.

Lots more photos on flickr, but make sure you're logged in because I've set them to private.

No comments:

Post a Comment