Friday 23 January 2009

A little update on Peter Pan

Well he's done! Not without frustration and impatience on my part (really need to learn more patience when it comes to cake decorating), but I'm fairly pleased with him. Of course, being the perfectionist I am, I can always find fault, but I'm not redoing him, so obviously I'm learning to live with my (many) imprefections.

Tinkerbell has proved a little problematic because I have such stubby, clumsy fingers and she require dainty, nimble fingers with a little dexterity and grace. But again, I'm not redoing her (this is the thrid attempt) and she's coming on nicely enough.

Unfortunately, I'm not feeling all that great today, so have taken the day off work, after dragging myself through it yesterday. Nothing major, but I can stand up without my head pounding so hard I feel like I'm going to be sick. I also feel quite spacey, but that could be normal for me. Anyway, the result is that I'm sort of stuck with sitting or lying on the sofa most of the time and I can't concentrate too hard on making fiddly bits for birthday cake.

Hayley, meanwhile, is busying herself with eating popcorn with a teaspoon and transferring it from one bowl to another, cutting and sticking, and generally making a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment