Wednesday 3 December 2008

Ice and oven gloves

Yes, it is possible that my life has got to this.... posting about oven gloves!

Anyway, ice first.

It is freezing here at the moment. Horrible damp cold that leaves my fingers blue no matter what I try. it also causes much excitement when the kids wake up to discover the decking is a skating rink and the water in the sand pit has frozen.


While Hayley was playing outside with the ice, I decided to get cracking on some oven gloves. I can't knit for very long at the moment because the pain in my wrist gets too much, so sewing it is. I'm participating in a Secret Santa and the spending limit is £5. Not a lot of money really. It struck me a while ago that there are no really nice kitchen things out there in the shops unless you're able or prepared to spend a fortune. Neither of those is an option! So I found this tute and decided to give it a go. I'm quite pleased with the results, though needed to practice, and am going to make one for my Secret Santa.


The problem is, I have no idea what colours she likes nor what colour her kitchen is! That said, I'm not a huge fan of purple and my kitchen is far from purple, but I'm quite taken with my little trial run.

No comments:

Post a Comment