Friday 14 May 2010

Bluebells


Well, nothing as spectacular as last year, but the weather really won't play ball this year. And of course, the only decent weather has been during the week when I have the misfortune of having to go to work!

I'd sort of set aside this weekend as a last ditch attempt to go for a walk in the woods, but suddenly the forecast has changed to rain on Sunday, so there went that idea! I idly Googling for more local bluebell woods, and what do you know, there's one I didn't know about right on our doorstep. I didn't even know the woods existed, let alone that there are bluebells in them!! So Anthony got a "don't care how hard your week has been or how tired you are, we ARE going for a walk this evening when you get home" text. Mean? Yes, perhaps, but I'm equally exhausted to be fair.

So off we went. Like I said, not as spectaular as the place we pay to go walking in, but lovely nevertheless. The kids absolutely loved it and I managed to get a few decent photos.

Here's hoping that a 2 hour post dinner walk in the woods will buy me a later than 5.30 wake up tomorrow morning...

Other photos of the walk on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment